This is a fantastic, spacious 6-bedroom property and offers a safe and supportive environment for young people. The accommodation is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All staff are subject to robust safe recruitment procedures, as well as a comprehensive induction framework. The property includes communal spaces; a fully fitted large kitchen where young people can prepare and cook meals; an open-planned lounge and dining room, with an up-to-date widescreen TV, a communal (young person’s) computer and good quality furnishings.
Each of the bedrooms has a good quality bed, wardrobe, bedside table and a set of drawers. Young people have a lockable cabinet and are free to personalise their rooms to ensure they truly feel at home.
ARB is a short walk away from the bus stop, with direct links into urban centres such as Bury and Manchester. ARB has a comprehensive Area and Location Risk Assessment (ALRA) in place that is regularly reviewed and updated.
Support to Stay Safe, Make Positive Choices and Thrive
CFS Care offer first class support to all young people and our purpose is to ensure a safe and effective transition into independence. Our staff have extensive knowledge and wide-ranging experience of working with young people and vulnerable adults, with an emphasis upon supporting those who have experienced trauma and/or have additional needs.
The support package includes the following:
- A comprehensive Pathway to Independence Framework, which includes fully accredited AQA Unit Awards and covers all aspects of evidenced-based outcomes as young people move towards sustainable independence.
- A safe and secure base from which young people are provided with meaningful practical and emotional support to build self-esteem, confidence and resilience.
- Focused educational and vocational support and advocacy, which aims to ensure that young people are provided with every opportunity to thrive;
- A 24-hour free telephone number, which young people can call at any time free of charge. This provides an additional support process for young people (i.e. no phone credit and requiring support in the community).
- Young people will have unlimited access to Vala Heath, which is an online GP service. This service can ensure young people will receive medical attention from an online GP within 24 hours (all information will be shared with the appropriate people). Vala are also developing online access to therapy and counselling services. These invaluable services will be included free of charge within the young person’s support package.